WHAT IS AN ALBERTA LIEN SEARCH?
Richmond Road Registry provides different types of Alberta Lien Searches. Please see below for more information about these searches along with the information you will require for each search.
Click here for more information on the types of lien searches.
1. Individual Debtor Search
- Use the full legal name of the debtor, in the following format: Last name, First Name, Middle Name
- Only one individual debtor name may be searched per search request.
2. Business Debtor Search
- Use the full legal business name of the debtor. Only one business debtor name may be searched per search request.
3. Serial Number Search
- Use the entire serial number of the serial number goods, definition of serial number goods is in section 1(s) of the Personal Property Security Regulation. Do not include in the serial number any hyphens, words, punctuation marks, or symbols that are not part of the actual serial number. Only one serial number may be searched per search request.
4. Registration Number Search
- Use the entire Personal Property registration number which consists of 11 to 15 digits i.e.: 00021612379, the first six digits are the year, month, day. Only one registration number may be searched per search request.
5. Distribution Seizure Search
- Use the full legal name of the debtors, either individual and/or business names. Multiple and alias individual and/or business names may be searched per search request.
6. Business Secured Party Search
- Use the party code assigned to your organization.
7. Certificate of Expired or Discharged Registration Number Search
- Use the registration number that has either expired or been discharged.
If you have any questions, contact Richmond Road Registry for assistance.
HOW DO YOU GET AN ALBERTA LIEN SEARCH?
Pay online and provide the information for the type of search you need.
For online service: If you are doing the service online, please email or fax (403.246.0647) us the above information along with your online payment receipt (emailed to you once you complete payment). Once we receive the above information, we will email or mail the search results to you.