Commissioners of Oaths

A Commissioners of Oaths in Alberta are authorized to give their signature for many types of documents and take your oath or solemn affirmation when affidavits or statutory declarations are needed.


  • Richmond Road Registry will not issue an Oath for any Land Title documents.
  • Richmond Road Registry will not issue an Oath for a Parent/Legal Guardian to take children outside of the Country.

If you require these services, we suggest you consult a Notary/Lawyer for Notarization.

Click here for more information on commissioners of oaths.

A Commissioner is:

  • A person authorized to take your oath or solemn affirmation when you sign an affidavit or a statutory declaration.
  • A Commissioner does not certify that the statements being made in the affidavit or statutory declaration are true, but only certifies that an oath or solemn affirmation has been administered properly.
  • A Commissioner of Oaths can only commission documents which are being filed within the Province in which the Commissioner received his or her appointment.

Many of the staff at Richmond Road Registry have been certified as Commissioners of Oaths for the Province of Alberta. They are able to sign for many different types of documents.

PLEASE NOTE: If the document is going to be leaving the Province of Alberta, the Commissioners of Oaths’ signatures are not necessarily valid. A Notary Public should be consulted (search the internet for Notary Calgary). Seek their signature on anything other than Alberta mandated information. Richmond Road Registry is unable to sign any documents pertaining to Land transactions.

Hide this extra information.


this service must be done in store
Bring the document that needs to be signed into Richmond Road Registry with valid identification and request to meet with a certified Commissioner of Oaths. If the document requires a ‘witness’ you must supply your own witness and the commissioner will do the oath for the witness only.


Price: $26.25

Your cart is empty.