what is an Alberta corporate registry search?
The Alberta Corporate Registry System is a centralized database housing information on the following registered in Alberta:
- Legal entities
- Trade names/Partnerships
- Not for Profit Organizations
An Alberta Corporate Registry Search provides current information about a legal entity as well as a history of transactions for that legal entity, including its registered office, shareholders and director information.
Need more information on Corporate Registry Searches Click here.
Four types of searches are available:
- Current Search – current information on organizations such as how long the organization has been in operation, its address, name of directors and/or shareholders, declarants, etc.
- Historical Search – the same type of information as given for a current search is available for all legal entities with the exception of trade names and partnerships (this information is for a specific past date)
- Certificates of Status – the current status of the organization, i.e., ‘Active’, ‘Struck’, etc. (a certificate of status is not available for trade names)
- Historical Certificates of Status – the status of the organization on a specific past date
Depending on when the information was collected and what technology was available at that time, search results are provided in different formats. For example, microfilm would be used for a corporation that was formed during the 1970’s, whereas a corporation recently incorporated will have their records stored in an electronic format.
HOW DO YOU GET A CORPORATE REGISTRY SEARCH?
Please provide the following:
- Corporate name or Corporate access number
For online service: If you are doing the service online, please pay for the service and then email us or fax us the ‘name’ of the Corporation to 403-246-0647, along with your payment receipt number. Once we receive the above information, we will email the search results back to you.