WHAT IS AN ALBERTA OUT-OF-PROVINCE LICENCE RENEWAL?
An Alberta out-of-province licence renewal can be obtained if you are an Alberta resident and temporarily out of the province.
This situation may apply to:
- Students attending an accredited school on a full time basis outside of Alberta.
- Missionaries working for an Alberta-based organization
- Alberta residents temporarily vacationing outside of Alberta.
- Military personnel and families stationed outside of Alberta.
Note: You are only allowed to do this once, if you have been granted this application before you will be denied.
- If you are sent out of Province for Work, a letter is required by the Alberta Employer, on their letterhead, indicating that you have been sent to another jurisdiction to work and for how long to include the ‘signatories signature’.
- If you are attending School, you must supply a letter from the Institution on their letterhead indicating Full-Time Student Status, to include the ‘signatories signature’.
- This product is NOT available for Alberta Identification Cards.
How do you get an OUT-OF-PROVINCE LICENCE RENEWAL?
You will need to print, fill out and sign the following form:
You must also prove you are an Alberta resident and provide the following documents:
- Copy of your Passport or Birth Certificate
- Copy of your current Alberta Driver Licence
- Proof of Alberta residency in the form of one of the following (statement must be dated within 90 days of application):
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Utility bill
- Land or Cell phone bill
- A medical report and/or vision screening MAY be required.
- Supporting documents (ie: proof of student status or missionary organization)
PLEASE NOTE: Your application must be clearly hand written (using a black pen) or typed otherwise the form will be rejected.
Please scan and email us the above documentation along with the payment receipt number (emailed to you once you complete payment online). The statement must be dated within 90 days of application. Once we receive ALL of the above information, our office will review the application usually within 24-48 hours and will notify you via e-mail. The actual licence will be processed and delivered in approximately 3 to 4 weeks, depending on the delivery address.
How long does it take?
To receive the actual licence, it will take approximately 4 to 6 weeks dependent on the jurisdiction the licence is being sent to. Be sure to put your e-mail address on the form to receive your interim (temporary) via e-mail.
IMPORTANT: If you want the licence delivered to an address outside of Alberta, the price for Express Post delivery is NOT included in this product. You’ll need to add a separate item to your cart to cover the Express Post fee. Select from one below (add to cart), then come back to this product (Alberta Out-of-Province Licence Renewal) and add to your cart as well. You’ll also find links to these products in the sidebar.
- Express Post (British Columbia through to Manitoba)
- Express Post (Ontario and East)
- Express Post (United States)
- Express Post (International)
If choosing this option be sure that your application specifies that your licence is to be sent to the ‘alternate’ address – RRR at 5767 Signal Hill Centre SW, Calgary, AB T3H 3P8.