If you have lost your drivers licence or it has been stolen, you need to come in to Richmond Road Registry to replace it.
If your drivers licence has been stolen, it is recommend that you obtain a police report. You will receive a police case report number that will be recorded with Alberta registries.
How do you get your drivers licence replaced?
Please bring in one piece of identification. A temporary Drivers licence will be issued to you which is valid for 30 days. Your replacement licence will be mailed to you within two weeks.
You must have one piece of photo identification showing your legal name and date of birth and show that you are legally permitted to be in Canada. Examples of acceptable identification are:
- Drivers licence
- Citizenship, Immigration, Naturalization, or Permanent Resident Card
- Canadian Armed Forces Identification Card
- Municipal, Territorial, Provincial or Federal Police Force Identification
- Nexus Card
You must provide support documents that contain two data elements such as name, DOB, signature, address, etc. and at least one of these documents must show that you live in Alberta and have a residence here. Examples of acceptable support documents are:
- Birth or Marriage Certificate
- Federal Government Employee Card
- Chequing or saving account statements
- Cancelled cheque with imprinted name contain your name and signature)
- Municipal, Territorial, Provincial, and address
- Utility, telephone, gas or cable TV bill in applicant’s name
- Property tax bill or receipt, land title or mortgage documents
- Income tax receipts
- Insurance documents (life, mortgage, etc.)
Examples of unacceptable support documents are:
- Interim/temporary driver’s licence
- Business cards
- Cheque cashing cards
- Library card
- Video club membership cards
- Insurance liability cards (pink cards)
- Debit or Credit Cards
PLEASE NOTE: All documents presented must be originals or certified copies. Photocopies will NOT be accepted.